Starting August 30, 2021, Shanghai will reduce the price of COVID-19 testS from 80 RMB to 60 RMB in all public medical institutions.
To prepare for disease control in the autumn and winter seasons, which are typically peak seasons for contagions like COVID-19, the Shanghai disease control leading team has decided to reduce the cost of PCR tests in public medical institutions.
Not all institutions in Shanghai provide all-day service, which may cause additional inconvenience for people in urgent need.
We compiled a list of medical facilities that offer 24-hour testing services:
|Name||Test Center Location||Opening Time||Results||Telephone|
|Shanghai Yueyang Hospital||First floor, East Gate, No.1 Building||24 hour service since August 3||If tested from 6:00 to 10:00, you get the results after 15:00 on the same day.|
If not, reports are provided after approximately 6 hours.
|Shanghai Tongren Hospital||West Gate 1, Linquan Road||– 10:00 to 22:00 since August 12.|
– If there is an emergency, go to ER after 22:00
|– Fever Clinic, ER and hospitalized patients can get reports within 2 hours. |
– Others can check their results after 4 to 6 hours generally
|Biotecan||No.180, Zhangheng Road||7:00-22:00||– If tested between 7:00 and 17:00, you get the results after 5 hours. |
– If tested between 17:00 and 22:00, you get results from 8:00 the next day
What to do before the test?
- Bring your ID and passport;
- Company is permitted if necessary;
- Avoid eating or drinking within 2 hours of the test time. Within 30 minutes of the test time, refrain from smoking, drinking, or chewing.
- Don’t forget to cover your mouth with your elbow when you need to cough. Keep in mind the 1-meter social distance.
Important: If you are vaccinated, you will only receive a PCR test 24 hours later.