The Guangzhou Municipality website explained the five conditions under which the centralized quarantine will be extended to 21 days for overseas inbound travelers entering China via Guangdong province.
Meanwhile, if your destination city is in Guangdong, you will not be required to have a seven-day home quarantine.
- If you shared a flight with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 during quarantine.
- If someone tested positive in the same hotel where you were staying during your centralized quarantine.
- If you do not meet the home quarantine requirements, i.e. one person for one household.
- If you do not agree to have a magnetic tracker installed on your front door for home quarantine,
- If you disagree with the home quarantine rules or violate them while in quarantine.