Last time, we published an article in which we presented you with the Hong Kong Health Code.
Today we have compiled a more comprehensive guide for you, so you can easily get the HKHC codes.
Who is eligible to apply:
According to official guidelines, residents of Hong Kong and those who do not live in Hong Kong may use the Hong Kong Health Code (this applies to residents of China mainland and Macao S.A.R)!
1) Sign up for an account
All the preparation stuff you need is here:
- Mobile phone (with local HK number to receive verification text messages)
- Proof of identity (not restricted to Hong Kong ID)
- Residential address in Hong Kong.
- “LeaveHomeSafe” App version 3.0.0
Once you’ve prepared the above information, all you have to do is go to the Hong Kong Health Code website, click on “Account Registration”, and follow the instructions to register!
- Read the Statement on the Collection of Personal Information. If you agree with the content, check the box indicating that you have read and agree to the Personal Information Collection Statement, and then click the “Next” button. You will be given 45 minutes to complete the registration form. If the time limit is reached, the system will log you out, and the data you enter will be deleted.
- Complete personal information according to guidelines.
- Real name registration, Hong Kong identity card or other identification documents are acceptable, but non-Hong Kong residents must go to the designated post office to verify their identity and address upon receipt of the confirmation letter.
- Write the address.
- Upload proof of address no later than 3 months prior to request date, bank statements or monthly call statements are acceptable. Social housing tenants will have their addresses verified by the Hong Kong Housing Authority.
- Set password & security questions.
- Check the information, then click on “Confirm and Submit” to submit.
- Get the “Application reference number” and “Personal Identification Number”
After the system checks your address, it will issue a “PIN” to the registered telephone number. Make sure to save it as it will be used to activate your account at a later time!
2) Activation of your account.
Once you have received your PIN, you can log into the HK Health Code system and activate your account.
- Click on “Logon”
- Read the Statement on the Collection of Personal Information. If you agree with the content, check the box indicating that you have read and agree to the Personal Information Collection Statement, and then click the “Next” button
- Select the Identity Document Type, input the document number and password then click “Logon”
- Enter the 6-digit PIN you received upon registration of your account
- Activation successful!
After successful activation, the system will prompt the user to check if the information is correct; in addition, a verification code will be sent to the system every time you log in as a verification.
3) Upload outbound records
After registering and activating your account, we can take the next step – update the “LeaveHomeSafe” application and upload your travel history.
- Press the “Hong Kong health code system” on the “LeaveHomeSafe” app.
- Select “Upload Visit Records to Hong Kong Health Code”
- Complete the Hong Kong Health Code login information to enter the system.
- After getting the mobile phone OTP (One Time Password), click “Confirm”
- After reading and confirming your agreement to the declaration statements, click the “Submit” button.
- Following the upload, the number of visit records and notifications uploaded will be displayed.
4) Get the Hong Kong Health Code
With your account registered and your travel history uploaded, here’s the important thing – apply for a Hong Kong health code!
- After you have logged on, select “View Health Code and Apply for Code Conversion”.
- The system will compare the risk of applicants and issue red, yellow and green Hong Kong Health Codes
Only Green Code holders can apply for transfer to “Guangdong Health Code” or “Macao Health Code”, and the Green Code is valid only on the same day.