Starting Today, passengers can apply to use their Shanghai health code 随申码 “Suishenma” to pay fares on some of the city’s Metro lines.
Instead of using the public transportation card or apps to ride the Metro, people can now also use the health code to take:
- Metro lines 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18
- The Pujiang Line
- The maglev Line
- Line 5 from Dongchuan Road to Fengxian Xincheng station
- Line 9 from Fangdian Road to Caolu station
Right now, people can request the service on:
- The 随申码 “Suishenma” mobile or WeChat and Alipay applications
- The 上海交通卡 “Shanghai Jiaotongka” mobile application
- The UnionPay mobile application 云闪付 “Yunshanfu”
This feature is currently only available in Chinese.
A total of 10,000 spots is available at the moment. A further 50,000 will be made available over the course of the next year until all metro lines are open by the end of 2022.
With “Suishenma,” people can also take all of the buses in the city’s public transport system, except:
- The Fengxian BRT Line
- The tramcar lines in suburban Songjiang District
- All the ferry lines