On January 14, the CAAC (Civil Aviation Administration of China) announced suspension against the following five flights:
- Sichuan Airlines flight 3U8502 from Vancouver to Chengdu
- United Airlines flight UA857 from San Francisco to Shanghai
- China Southern flight CZ6044 from Nairobi to Changsha
- Lufthansa flight LH728 from Frankfurt to Shanghai
- Lufthansa flight LH720 from Frankfurt to Shenyang
On January 6, 9 passengers on flight 3U8502, , 5 passengers on flight UA857, 5 passengers on flight CZ6044, and 7 passengers on flight LH728 tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
As a result:
- 3U8502 and UA857 were suspended for 2 weeks starting January 31.
- CZ6044 was suspended for 2 weeks starting February 21.
- LH728 was suspended for 2 weeks starting January 24.
Flight LH720 had 18 passengers on January 12 that tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
As a result, LH720 was suspended for 4 weeks starting February 28.
For an overview of all the suspended flights, please visit this page here.
For an overview of all the available direct flights to China, please visit this page here.