In this article, we list several risks associated with Hong Kong transfer for those who are planning to go to China Mainland:
- Each airline has its own set of rules, and the airline’s internal policies are subject to change at any time so make sure to check ahead of time before making any booking.
- Although the Hong Kong quarantine has been shortened to 7 days, there is a possibility that the Hong Kong Immigration may refuse entry to people if their duration of stay is a bit over 7 days. You need to plan for a stay in Hong Kong for at least 21 days.
- If you are diagnosed with Covid-19 when you arrive in Hong Kong, and you are a non-Hong Kong resident you must bear the high cost of treatment on your own.
- If you are refused entry after arriving in Hong Kong and must be repatriated to your country of origin, you may be fined by the Hong Kong Immigration Department and your passport will be marked with a special stamp, which will affect your future trips to Hong Kong.
- Because it is currently difficult to find a ticket at land ports, it is highly recommended to book air tickets from Hong Kong to China Mainland ahead of time.
- Passengers traveling to Shanghai, Beijing, and Chongqing must undergo additional nucleic acid testing at designated institutions in Hong Kong, with time constraints.
- Quarantine Hotel bookings in Hong Kong are scarce, and hotel prices in Hong Kong are very high.
Please follow and like us: