To reduce cross-border transmission of Covid-19, starting from 6 November 2020, all passengers who are flying from Tunisia to China will be required to take nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests and then apply for a green health code with the “HS” mark or a certified health declaration form before boarding the flight. The specific requirements are as follows:
- Currently, there is no direct flight from Tunisia to China, so you must only book flights with one transit stop.
- Passengers going to China via connecting flights must take nucleic acid, and IgM antibody tests at the medical institutions recognized by the Chinese embassy in Tunisia within 48 hours before boarding their flight to the transit country and then retake both tests at the medical institutions recognized by the Chinese embassy/consulate in the transit country within 48 hours before boarding the plane to China.
- Passengers must apply at the Chinese embassies/consulates in BOTH countries for green health codes with the “HS” mark or certified health declaration forms with certificates of both tests’ negative results.
The medical institutions recognized by the Chinese embassy in Tunisia are:
|Institut Pasteur de Tunis||13, Place Pasteur, B.P.74|
|Monday to Friday|
From 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
|Laboratoire d’Analyses Médicales Senda Jeribi Masmoudi||Centre Dorra App 2, Bloc B|
Manar II Tunis
|Monday to Sunday|
From 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM
|Laboratoire d’Analyses Médicales Farah Messai Mahjoub||1er Etage|
Les Berges du Lac II
|Monday to Saturday|
From 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
|Laboratoire d’Analyses Médicales Wadie Khrouf||Cité Jardins II|
|Monday to Sunday|
From 7:30 AM to 7:00 PM
- Please self-isolate at least 14 days before boarding and avoid contact with others after testing as much as possible. You will need to sign a declaration of self-isolation and submit it for the health QR code application prior to traveling.
- People already vaccinated and have a positive result of the serological test (IgM and IgG antibodies) must provide the vaccination certificate or sign the letter of Commitment on COVID-19 Vaccination when requesting a health QR code.
- People with a history of infection with a positive serological test result (IgG antibody) must provide a medical certificate with the result of the chest x-ray as well as two negative reports of the RT-PCR test of at least 24 hours apart. After approval from the Chinese Embassy in Tunisia, you will be requested to self-isolate for 14 days before performing the RT-PCR test and the IgM antibody test to request the health QR code.
Applying for Certified Health Status Declaration Form with the HDC mark
- Register for an account via WeChat or go to the online Health Declaration Website (https://hrhk.cs.mfa.gov.cn/H5/), you can also scan the below QR Code:
Fill in the relevant information, and make sure to submit the following information at least 12 hours prior to flight departure:
- Copy of the passport
- Scanned copies of the negative nucleic acid and IgM antibody test results as well as the receipt of the test done by the lab (along with username and password to download the report)
- The flight tickets for the whole itinerary (Tunisia-transit point-China)
- The health declaration form (For foreign passengers only)
- Declaration of self-isolation
- The Vaccination Certificate (For those who received the COVID-19 Vaccine)
- Copy of the residence card (For foreign residents of Tunisia)
The information will be examined and verified by the Chinese embassy in Tunisia. Then they will issue the green health code with the “HDC” mark.
You may contact the embassy on the following number 00216-98463848 (from 09:00 AM to 12:30 PM, and from 03:00 PM to 05:30 PM) for follow-ups.
Foreign passengers must present the green code within its validity period to the airlines before boarding.
In transit countries, please make sure to follow the requirements of the Chinese embassies/consulates on their websites after obtaining the negative nucleic acid and IgM antibody test results.
The Chinese embassy in Tunisia reminds passengers to check the following information beforehand:
(i) The starting time of the requirement for certificates of negative nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests of the Chinese embassies/consulates in transit countries;
(ii) The medical institutions designated or recognized by the Chinese embassies/consulates in transit countries;
(iii) The entry regulations in transit countries;
(iv) Other requirements regarding negative nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests in transit countries.
If the airport in the transit country is not equipped with a rapid test service, please apply for a visa to enter the transit country to take tests.
Please carefully choose your transit flight route to China. Failure to enter the transit country or meet the tests’ requirements, the green code, or certified health declaration form could result in being stranded and increases infection risks.